WORK AT SAF
Carer Engagement Specialist (Foster Care)
12 Feb 2019
Stretch-A-Family (SAF) is a well-established not-for-profit organisation based in Marrickville that has been providing care to children and young people in need since 1977. We believe everyone who works at SAF contributes to enhancing the lives of the children and young people we care for.
OUR PURPOSE: We bring hope. We restore lives, families and communities.
OUR VISION: Creating better, safer futures for children, young people and families.
OUR MISSION: We restore by:
- Enabling the people we support to achieve their full potential.
- Securing permanent homes for children and young people.
- Creating strong and resilient families.
- Building the capacity of communities.
The Carer Engagement and Development Worker is a newly created role within the Carer Recruitment and Retention team.
This role is responsible for aspects of carer recruitment including;
- Identifying and implementing recruitment strategies,
- Coordinate carer training and on boarding,
- Conduct carer reviews,
- Assist with the assessment of carers and ongoing relationship management.
This roles involves direct contact with clients, including children, young people, foster carers and internal and external stakeholders to ensure the achievement of safety, wellbeing and permanency for children and young people.
Your Key Accountabilities include but is not limited to:
- Effective recruitment, development and retention of high quality trauma informed therapeutic carers who are able to provide a range of permanency placement options.
- Quality training and robust assessment of carer applicants.
- Development, organisation and facilitation of regular carer support network meetings.
- Support the Permanency Support Team with intake, matching and Emergency and Respite Care options.
- Develop a collaborative interdisciplinary approach between Foster Care streams that draws on the expertise of individual units to deliver high standards of care and best practice in the delivery of Carer Services.
- Sound knowledge of issues surrounding Child Protection and Out of Home Care.
- Experience in liaising and consulting with community agencies and other professionals.
- A current NSW Driver’s License.
- Satisfactory Working with Children Check.
- Satisfactory National Police Check.
- First Aid Certificate (or willing to obtain)
- Knowledge of case management tools (Desirable).
- Experience with on-call (Desirable).
- Sound knowledge of local resources and support services (Desirable).
OUR BENEFITS & CULTURE
SAF encourages applicants with ATSI and CALD background. SAF is a non-smoking and non-denominational workplace. You will be welcomed into a close-knit team and have access to:
- Salary packaging,
- Family friendly workplace,
- Flexible working hours,
- Ongoing training and development,
- Employee assistance program
HOW TO APPLY:
- A letter of application addressing the selection criteria MUST be accompanied by your resume.
- For more information about Stretch-A-Family visit www.stretchafamily.com.au
- Successful applicants will be subject to a Criminal Records and Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
There is no closing date please apply as soon as possible
Please click the following button to send your application.Apply this job
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org if you don’t have an email client.