WORK AT SAF
After Care Caseworker – Part Time
14 Feb 2019
SCHCADS 4.1 + Salary Packaging
Stretch-A-Family (SAF) is a not-for-profit organisation based in Sydney, NSW. SAF has been providing out-of-home care for young people since 1977. We are an accredited Fostering and Community Placement agency and a Residential Care Provider for 0-25 year old children and young people who need out-of-home care. As a lead industry provider, SAF delivers services with a strong therapeutic focus and is held in high esteem in the sector for achieving quality client outcomes.
The After care case worker is there to deliver effective, therapeutic and individually tailored support to children and young people in SAF, in line with the SAF After care program. You will be responsible for the management, co-ordination and leadership in the day-to-day operations of the program and will advise the leadership team on issues to ensure the best outcomes for our young people.
- Establish, implement and maintain systems and processes to ensure legislative compliance and smooth operation of the After care program.
- Support the Operations Manager in the development and implementation of new initiatives for After Care.
- Ensure effective and timely leaving care planning is completed.
- Provide general case work support.
- Networking with other services.
- Program review and development.
- Training for young people, foster carers and other internal staff.
- Skill building program facilitation and coordination.
- Living skills assessments.
- Provide accommodation support.
20 hours per week worked over 2.5 days, 9am to 5pm (flexible as per Award)
- Bachelor degree in social work or related profession.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a welfare sector.
- Experience of residential and/or fostering services.
- Highly developed knowledge and understanding of Therapeutic Out of Home Care.
- Experience in liaising and consulting with key stakeholders and partners.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Current NSW Driver’s License.
- Cleared Working with Children Check.
- Clear Police Check
Our Benefits & Culture
SAF encourages applicants with ATSI and CALD background. SAF is a non-smoking and non-denominational workplace. You will be welcomed into a close-knit team and have access to:
- Salary packaging,
- Family friendly workplace,
- Flexible working hours,
- Ongoing training and development,
- Employee assistance program
HOW TO APPLY:
- A letter of application addressing the selection criteria MUST be accompanied by your resume.
- For more information about Stretch-A-Family visit www.stretchafamily.com.au
- Successful applicants will be subject to a Criminal Records and Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
There is no closing date please apply as soon as possible
Please click the following button to send your application.Apply this job
Please send your application to email@example.com if you don’t have an email client.