WORK AT SAF
Updated on 17 Apr 2019
Stretch-A-Family (SAF) is a well-established not-for-profit organisation based in Marrickville that has been providing care to children and young people in need since 1977. We believe everyone who works at SAF contributes to enhancing the lives of the children and young people we care for.
OUR PURPOSE: We bring hope. We restore lives, families and communities.
OUR VISION: Creating better, safer futures for children, young people and families.
OUR MISSION: We restore by:
- Enabling the people we support to achieve their full potential.
- Securing permanent homes for children and young people.
- Creating strong and resilient families.
- Building the capacity of communities.
We are seeking a passionate contact worker, who can provide reliability and consistency to our young people by facilitating supervised contacts throughout Sydney. This position is to provide transport (where required) in own vehicle (kms reimbursed) and supervise the contact our children and young people have with their families and or significant others in their lives.
- Employment within a similar role (Desirable).
- High level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of child protection issues & legislation.
- Capacity to work with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated skills in managing high parental conflict whilst upholding the best interests of children.
- Capacity to work flexible hours including mornings, evenings, weekends & public holidays.
- Unrestricted drivers license with access to reliable, comprehensively insured vehicle.
- Current Police Check (or willing to obtain)
- Current Working With Children Check (or willing to obtain)
- Current First Aid Certificate (or willing to obtain)
HOW TO APPLY:
- A letter of application addressing the selection criteria MUST be accompanied by your resume.
- For more information about Stretch-A-Family visit www.stretchafamily.com.au
- SAF encourages applicants with ATSI and CALD background.
- SAF is a non-smoking and non-denominational workplace.
- Successful applicants will be subject to a Criminal Records and Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
There is no closing date please apply as soon as possible
Please click the following button to send your application.Apply this job
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org if you don’t have an email client.